Mammut Barryvox S Avalanche Transceiver
Digital/analog combo avalanche transceiver with three antennas. The new Mammut Barryvox® S has a large receiving bandwidth and an effective search strip width of 70 meters. It offers users a large, simple interface and intuitive operation. The Smart Search function provides clear instructions thanks to a simple operating concept and quick, precise searching. The Barryvox® S includes the Rescue SEND function to protect non-searching rescuers. In the event of a secondary avalanche, the device automatically switches to SEND in order to locate buried rescuers. The Barryvox® S is also equipped with a Smart Search function, which interacts with the actions of searching rescuers.
Asking yourself if you should get the Mammut Barryvox
or the Mammut Barryvox S? Here are some of the key differences:
Both Barryvox transceivers sit as the most user-friendly, most efficient search tools available, but the Mammut Barryvox S is a cut above. However, just because it’s got more features doesn’t mean it’s harder to use or for more advanced users! Here are the top benefits you’ll see from opting for the Barryvox S over the Barryvox:
- Larger Screen (2.2” vs. 2?) – easier to see & read, even with the lighting is bad.
- Dynamic Screen Icons – the icons move as the searcher does, indicating exactly what the searcher should be doing (i.e. Is the icon running? The searcher should be doing a quick coarse search. Is it crawling? Time for a pinpoint search).
- Smart Search – though the user never sees this feature, it operates in the background and makes searching more efficient than ever – even if the searcher is less than perfect.
- Auto Guidance – no more signal overlap from other transceivers. No more “stop stand still.” Just a one-track path to the buried victim.
- Lithium Batteries – the Barryvox S can utilize Lithium batteries or alkaline batteries. Lithium batteries last longer, are lighter and don’t damage with acid corrosion.